BHC Construction (“BHCC”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal data we collect from you and how we process your personal data.
www.bhcc.no website (“Website”) will help you to understand what we can do for you, search and apply for jobs and even receive job posts according to your preferences.
BHC Construction (“BHCC”) is the Data Controller for purposes of the applicable data protection legislation which is processing personal data both manually and by electronic means.
Information we may collect from you
- Your personal details such as for example your name, address and post code, your phone number, email address, your work experience, references and skills in various areas and details about your education. You can also provide us with a copy of your CV, cover letters for specific job posts and any other attachments you may consider helpful for us.
- If you authenticate with your LinkedIn or any other social media account, your profile data, your contacts’ public data and your email address will be stored in our Portal.
- If we place you with one of our clients, we will also request and hold copies of, for example, your work permit documentation for the countries you will work in and financial information such as bank account details. We will also store evaluations and feedbacks of our recruiters and also of the clients you have worked for. We will also collect and manage your references to determine suitability. Upon your approval if requested by law, we may record and store any telephone calls you have with us for record keeping and quality control purposes. We may use third parties to undertake lawful checks where a client or third party requests such information. We may also collect sensitive data (e.g. health data).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. The answers to these surveys will be shared with our management. The survey will give you the choice of sharing your name or keeping your responses anonymous. We report average quality results from these surveys to our clients and in our marketing materials. However, names are never associated with those average quality results. For the sake of clarity, by answering any of our surveys, you consent to the processing of your data as described herein.
- We may collect information of all users of our Portal in aggregated form in order to provide us with a better understanding of the users of our Portal as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.
- We may also collect information on your visits to our Portal including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. This information, for example, will make your visit to our Portal easier in the future since we might suggest BHCC branches depending on the location you access the Portal from.
- We may also store cookies as set out in more detail below.
How we use your information
All this information (“your data”) will be collected and handled by BHCC for the following purposes:
- To deliver you our services
- To best tailor the job searching and matching for you by assessing your suitability, qualifications and skills, not only for current work assignments/vacancies but also for assignments/vacancies which we think may be of interest to you in the future.
- To keep you informed by email, telephone and/or mail about future work opportunities.
- Save where approval is required, we may also use the information for direct marketing for example via e-mail, messaging or telephone but you may at any time opt-out of receiving future marketing communication.
- To protect the interests and rights of the Adecco Group, our clients or others.
- To help us create, publish, and improve content most relevant to you.
- To further develop and improve our website, Portal and other systems to better serve you.
- To perform studies and statistical and analytical research
- In general to comply with any legal obligation
To facilitate our efficient use of your data, and to provide you with the best services and/or opportunities we use suppliers. Then it is necessary for us to disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers and their subcontractors, contractors and agents: We may engage or employ other companies and individuals located worldwide to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include, administrative functions associated with our business activities. Such recipients will only have access to data required by them to perform their functions, and are not permitted to use such data for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality and data privacy obligations.
- Where required by Law: we will share your data with government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under an obligation to do so.
- In the event of business transactions (e.g. merge, acquisition, due diligence) we may need to disclose your data.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report such information in aggregated form to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you or any individual.
For further information pertaining to the usage of cookies on the Portal please click here.
Where we store your data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored by, other Adecco Group companies, our clients, suppliers and their subcontractors, acting as data processors, outside your country of residence and located worldwide, including in countries which may not provide adequate data protection as defined by EU data protection law. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
You are responsible for keeping your login details to the Portal, in particular the password we have given you or that you have chosen, strictly confidential. You are not allowed to share your account with any other person.
Although we will do our best to protect your data, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Portal or any third party; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information and transferred it to a third party, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How you can access, modify and delete your data
You can access your data by logging in your account and modify/update it by changing the fields you deem necessary or by contacting us so that we can facilitate this for you.
You can ask us to delete your data by emailing us your deletion request at email@example.com. Please see below the specific local requirements. Please be aware, however, that we may need to keep some of your data in order to comply with laws and regulations as long as legally permissible.
Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third party websites.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and will replace the previous version.
If you have any queries regarding your data or need further assistance with regards to this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.